Pear Tree House, Chingford
London Wall provided a development loan to finance the conversion of a closed down care home into a 60-unit social housing scheme for the benefit of vulnerable persons requiring emergency or temporary housing.
- Location: Gordon Road, Chingford
- Loan Amount: £4.4m
- Type: Residential Refurbishment
- Term: 12 months
- LTGDV: 49.82%
Key ESG considerations:
- The refurbishment brings affordable housing to an area with lack of such.
- Exterior overhaul together with internal works will improve energy efficiency of the building.
- Windows and timber to be replaced with materials encompassing heat retaining properties.
- Central heating/hot water system is to be upgraded improving the current Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)2 ‘C’ rating.